Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Flowers Mostly...

This summer, I haven't done much in the garden. I have had a stressful year of "the waiting game" and have been unsure of future goals and where life will take me. Due to career changes, my family has been unsure of whether we will remain at our house or if we'd have to move. Of course we will always have this house, because it belongs to my parents, and I will always have my "red dirt garden," but a bitter sweet moment has arrived for my husband and I.

We will most likely be moving in the next couple of months. To where we are still a bit unsure, but where ever my husband is needed, that's where we'll go. So this summer I decided to not get all crazy with my gardening, because I knew that if we had to move, my mom or dad, would not be able to upkeep this awesome space that we had created 3 years ago.

I am very excited for our new life and the adventures it will bring (not the stress and changes). And I am also looking forward to starting a new garden, where ever it is we may end up. I will of course update my blog still, despite my garden not being in "red dirt." I will hopefully update it on how my red dirt garden is doing, if my mom or dad decided to plant some of their own veggies.

But anyway, this summer has been bitter sweet for me. - Getting ready to say goodbye to my garden has been kind of depressing. I guess that's why I haven't done much. For what its worth though, my zinnias and sunflowers were wonderful to watch bloom and grow, and display.






0 comments:

Post a Comment